Friday, May 18, 2012

You Know Jesus.....?

If it's not one thing, it's something else.  Lately almost every single morning the phone has begun to ring....8:20 a.m.; 8:30 a.m.; and so on.  I have noticed the numbers are all unknown to me. And, again, more calls throughout the day, from all these 'unknown numbers.' Well, with a roommate or two, that is bound to happen, but even those numbers that my roomies are receiving calls from become somewhat familiar after a while. 

Not the case with these.

Here's the thing.

8:20 a.m. is not my best time of day.

I need coffee and some quiet time before I talk to people at 8:20 a.m. in the morning.  I think some of you know what I mean.  Come on, I'm retired. I earned the right! Done paid my dues!

I have answered one or two of these unknown callers, not realizing what they were. I recall my roommate mentioning something like, if I didn't recognize the number, don't answer.  Hey! I gotta say....it's a lot of calls coming in from these 'unknown' numbers!  And I really don't want to turn my phone off at night. If my family called with something important,,,,well, you get my point.

So, I prayed about it.

And you know what? I think the Lord gave me a plan.  Sanctioned.  So I decided to implement it.

And now, I answer all the calls with these unknown numbers.  Turns out, by the way, they are the product of some 3rd party marketing with my poor roommate the victim, due to her having to fill out some forms online that likely were necessary to keep her unemployment $ coming in.  Lots of people without jobs right now, don't cha' know.

Anyway, now, I answer all the calls with these unknown numbers ----- uh, like this:

"Hello?"

"Hello, I'm calling from rightjob.com.  Is this...?"

"Oh, hello, rightjob.com.  Uh, I have something to tell you.  You know Jesus?  Jesus?  You know, you know, the Lord?  Jesus?  Well, He told me to tell you not to call again."

"Uhh,,,,uhhh,,,,ok,,,,ok,,,,uhhhh,,,,,uhhh,,,ok,,,,I...uh...I'll make a note of that."

"Bye."

I gotta tell ya. I have noticed a significant decrease in the "unknown number" calls lately.

*S*M*I*L*E*  Thank You, Lord! 



No comments: